Things you should consider when wanting to sell your home
- Why am I selling my home?
- Where will I move to? If it’s going to cost you more to move to a new home than to stay at your current home?
- Ask yourself if it’s really worth it?
- Will you make more money by staying? Remember the market could go up even more.
- Is the timing right for you? What the market does is one thing, what you are ready to do it another.
- Consider your children’s schooling, your employment opportunity, and your retirement plans.
- Looking at similar homes in your area will give you an idea of what your home should sell for.
- Ask the Ritter Team for a free comparative market analysis so you can determine what price is good for your house.
Preparing your home for showings
- First impressions are everything make your home distinct.
- Make sure your home is welcoming from the outside. If you need to paint your front door, shutters, and exterior of the house. This will give your home a fresh look.
- Cut your grass and shrubs. Don’t forget to do the trim along trees, and walkways.
- Fix repairs such as leaky faucets.
- Keep your home clean and ready for showings.
- Get rid of any clutter, this will make your closets appear larger.
- Get rid of bad odor including cigarette smell and pet odors. -Pay particular attention to the kitchen and bath. Maintaining these two areas of the home will show that the rest of the house is kept up.
- Use brighter lights. By doing this the rooms will appear larger and more open.
Receiving an offer
Once a buyer makes an offer look over written documentation with The Ritter Team that is required. Make note of what needs to be fulfilled from both parties to finish the deal.
- You may to negotiate details with a different party to come to an agreement that is best for both groups.
- Keep legal issues in mind when dealing with the contract, an experienced agent should be aware of them.
Closing the deal
- Both the buyers and sellers should be present during this process.
- The Ritter Team will assist you during this process to make sure the transaction goes smooth.
- Show up with us and sign you papers.